For the corn:
•6 ears of corn, shucked
•8 cups water
•4 cups homogenized milk
•1 butter stick (8 tablespoons)
•1 tablespoon granulated sugar
•1 teaspoon kosher salt
For the herbed garlic mayo:
•½ cup mayonnaise
•6 tablespoons butter, melted
•2 cloves garlic chopped
•½ teaspoon kosher salt
•1 tablespoon lemon juice
•¼ cup chopped chives
1. Prepare the corn: Trim away the very end and tip of the corn cob. Cut into 1- or 1½-inch thick knobs.
2. Pour the water into a soup pot. Add the sugar and salt. On moderate-high heat add milk and butter when the liquid is steaming.
When butter is melted, add the corn. Bring to a boil. Reduce to moderate heat and cook corn for 6 minutes.
3. Prepare the herbed garlic mayo: Place mayonnaise, melted butter, garlic, salt and lemon juice into a canister.
Zip it up using a blender until light and emulsified. Stir in chives.
4. To serve the corn: Remove cob segments from liquid and transfer to a serving bowl. Brush lightly with herbed garlic mayo.
5. Serve immediately with remaining sauce presented on the side for additional brushing.